By: Sarah Beth Hawkins
Smoothies can be as simple or as complex as you want, but you can make them even better by adding additional healthy smoothie ingredients to pack in even more nutrients. We know that most people are busy and don’t always have the time to prepare healthy meals and snacks. But smoothies are a good way around that. They’re healthy and you can make them in advance to save time. Why not take advantage and make your smoothie even healthier? We made you a list of the 10 best healthy smoothie ingredients we could think of.
The Best Healthy Smoothie Add-Ins
- Spirulina – It has 19 of 22 of the amino acids the body needs for easy digestion, as well as beta-carotene, iron and magnesium. Spirulina is also high in protein, between 55-70% for every 100 g.
- Chlorella – This may be a great tool for removing toxins from your body and a great way to boost the immune system. Chlorella is also full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents.
- Flax seeds – These are full of minerals and high in fiber—which is great for digestion—as well as lignans, a free-radical fighting antioxidant. Flax seeds also have a nice, nutty flavor.
- Maca powder – This can help increase and sustain your energy throughout the day, as well as balance hormones. Maca root is full of fatty acids and amino acids to keep the body healthy.
- Chia seeds – These are high in antioxidants and fiber. They also have plenty of protein and research suggests that plant-based foods may reduce the risk for heart disease, obesity and diabetes, as well as improve mortality overall (x).
- Leafy greens – Plant-based nutrition is a great way to improve your health, especially with leafy greens. They are low in calories, free of starch and full of magnesium, antioxidants and other vital nutrients (x). Add leafy greens like spinach and kale to your smoothies by the handful!
- Matcha powder – Matcha is a green tea powder full of antioxidants to help keep you healthy and caffeine to keep you awake and alert. Its main antioxidant, EGCG, can also increase metabolism to help with weight loss.
- Avocado – Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, fiber and other nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. Just add ¼ of a ripe avocado to your smoothies to add some extra benefits (x).
- Protein powder – Adding a protein powder is another great way to keep you full and energized throughout the day, especially if you’re enjoying the smoothie in the morning or right before a workout. Try options like whey protein, soy protein, casein protein or pea protein.
- Spices – Adding spices are a great way to enhance the flavor of your smoothies. Try spices like cinnamon, turmeric or ginger. Aside from just the taste, they also have their own health benefits.
Where to Buy Extract Powders for Smoothies
Are you interested in trying any of these healthy smoothie add-ins? You can purchase these extract powders at BulkSupplements.com. The company is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor for pure dietary supplements. BulkSupplements.com is not just a consumer brand. It also supplies pure ingredients to other brands that distribute food and other supplement products. Visit BulkSupplements.com to place an order today!
Make sure to consult a doctor before you try any new supplements to make sure they are right for you and your individual health.
- Organic spirulina powder
- Chlorella powder
- Flaxseed extract powder
- Maca root extract powder
- Organic matcha green tea powder
- Spinach extract powder
- Whey protein concentrate powder
- Soy protein isolate
- Casein protein powder
- Pea protein isolate powder
- Cinnamon bark extract
- Turmeric extract powder
- Ginger root extract powder
Sometimes it’s hard to maintain a healthy diet, so we made you a list of smoothie add-ins to make your lives a little easier and a bit more nutritious. Try these and see which one you like the best!